Download A Flyer
Wednesday, October 25th 2017
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Instructor: Jeannie Campbell
This is a Technique Class
You will not be making the landscape shown as the sample.
Learn to create your own designs with free-motion stitching and just a straight stitch and zig zag stitch! Yes, that’s all it takes. Put your own energy into this organic stitching to make flowers, leaves, and much more. This technique looks great on quilts (you stitch before you sandwich your quilt for quilting), pillows, ornaments, mini-landscapes and much more. And use some of that luscious thread that is now available.
- Sewing machine that can do a zig zag stitch
- All machine attachments, manual, cord, foot pedal, etc (PLEASE DON’T FORGET YOUR CORDS)
- Free motion foot for YOUR make/model of machine. May need to purchase separately
- Zig Zag plate (This is the standard plate with zig zag machines. It is the opposite of a straight stitch plate)
- Extension Table for your machine
- Cushion to sit on….the chairs are low
- Machine Needles Topstitch 80/12 and 90/14
- Basic Sewing kit (Thread snips are very helpful)
- Rotary Cutter
- Small Mat for Rotary Cutting
- 5 safety pins
- Purple air erase fabric pen
- 2 1/2 yards Pellon Stitch-N-Tear
- 1 yard of a quilter’s cotton fabric in white or muslin
- Thread: These are a matter of choice.
Firstly, bring from home what works well in your machine. Cottons, polyester, and/or rayon (rayon not as strong as the shiny polyester. You might experience breakage)
Then to try some of the exciting threads that are on the market, I suggest one of the threads listed below, or try both. You can purchase one color or experiment with shading and purchase three shades of one color. Ex: light green, medium green, and a dark green. You want to choose three colors that are a shade different from each other.
- R/A Brand Embroidery Polyester thread. This is a shiny thread in the front of the store.
Make sure you choose the poly and not the rayon.
- Superior’s King Tut. This is a cotton thread and is not shiny and found at the back of the store.
- Bobbin thread in white or cream
- A few extra bobbins
These are for the various values of thread you will be working with. If you already own your three values
of thread, you can fill the bobbins at home. If you are planning on purchasing them during the class, you
can fill them during class).
All these products are available at Pocono Sew and Vac
- From the fabric, cut a 20” x 20” square and four 12” x 12” squares
- From the Pellon Stitch-N-Tear cut TWO 20” x 20” squares and four 12” x 12” squares
Please don’t hesitate to call or email ahead of the time if you have any questions.
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must to be paid in full before the class begins. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 2-6 days before class will be issued a store credit. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund or store credit.